CHAPTER IV ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
Article 45 The organizational structure of the Kosovo Environmental Protection Agency
1. The organizational structure of the Kosovo Environmental Protection Agency is as follows:
1.1. Office of the General Director;
1.2. Directorates/. Institutes
2. Within the total number of employees in KEPA, are included also 36 employees within the Department of Administration DPAK “ Bjeshket e Nemuna “, who receive salaries from the
respective municipalities but employment contracts have with MESP / KEPA.
2. Number of employees at the Kosovo Environmental Protection Agency it`s one hundred and twelve (112).
Article 46 Office of the General Director
1. The office of the General Director of Kosovo Environmental Protection Agency consists of:
1.1. General Director;
1.2. One (1) civil servant of the administrative and technical level.
2. The duties and responsibilities of the General Director of the Environmental Protection in Kosovo are defined by the applicable legislation.
3. Duties and responsibilities of civil servants to the Director General shall be determined by civil service legislation in force.
4. All administrative services including legal services, budget, finance, procurement, personnel, logistics, archives etc., are obliged the relevant departments of the MESP, to offer special
services to AMMK based on request.
5.The number of employees in the Office of the General Director is too (2).
Article 47 Departments and Sections of the Environmental Protection Agency of Kosovo
1. The directories (equivalent Institutes) and other Sectors within Kosovo Environmental Protection Agency are as follows:
2. Kosovo Institute for Nature Protection:
2.1. Sector for Protective Zones;
2.2. Sector for Biodiversity.
3. Kosovo Hydrometeorological Institute:
3.1. Sector for Meteorology and Climate;
3.2. Sector for Hydrology;
3.3. Sector for Air Monitoring; and
3.4. Monitoring Sector of Water and Soil
4. The directorate for the Administration of National Park “Sharri”:
4.1. Sector for Professional and Administrative Services.
4.2. Sector for Supervision and Control
5. The directorate for the Administration of the National Park “Bjeshkët e Nemuna”.
5.1. Sector for Professional and Administrative Services;
5.2. Sector for Supervision and Control.
6. Directorate for the Environmental State Assessment.
6.1. Sector on Environmental State Assessment;
6.2. Sector on Environmental Information System; and
6.3. Sector on Reporting, Information and Cooperation.
7 .Directorate for Management of Natural Monuments of particular importance:
7.1. Sector for Natural Monument of particular importance “Cave of Gadime”
7.2. Sector for Natural Monument of particular importance “Mirusha Waterfalls”.